Thursday 19 August 2010

Entry 14 - The Magnificent Wizard

It was made from a dark blue fabric, and one that knew the constellations could recognize Gemini, Cancer, Leo, and all the others, made from little silver stars. It dragged on the floor as the men inside it walked to the end of the stone wall, and up the stone stairs. He walked in a hurry, his cane on his hand, barely touching the floor. When a big wooden door blocked his path, he hit it with the skull cane, knocking twice.
A guard opened the doors, and introduced him : The Magnificent Wizard, Lord of Time and Space. Sitting on a stone throne, adorned with skulls and bones, was a huge man, wearing only a loincloth, a giant sword resting on his knees, a gold goblet on his hand. Next to the throne, standing, a woman, her left hand in the barbarian's arm, a wine pitcher in the right one. She grabbed another goblet and poured wine into it, before offering it to the wizard.
"You summoned me Aak'r?" - The wizard asked, before drinking the wine and gesturing for a refill.
"I did wizard. You have been living in my castle for a full year and yet I still don't have what you promised me."
"Your father's throne will be yours Aak'r. Just be patient. At this moon's fest a lethal sickness shall fall upon your younger brother."
"That will not give me the throne, wizard."
"Be patient! I know your other brother. A little push, a little more wine and he will be accusing you of poisoning. You can then challenge him for your honor."
"And my father?"
"As soon as the rains end, you shall all go hunt. And you know how dangerous it is to hunt, for a man that age..."
"Very well wizard. But know this : One moon after the rains, if I am not king, you shall be dead. You can go now."

The hall was bigger, and so was the throne. The same men and the same woman, in the same positions, and the same wizard, wearing a different robe, with strange symbols etched in it, entered trough the different doors.
"Ebony! Serve the wizard some wine! Come, sit by my side wizard. We have another scout returning."
The wizard did as told, and sat in a small chair, next to the Barbarian King, a goblet full of wine in his hand. Through the doors came a man, still full of dirty from his trip, on his shoulders a travel cape made from the skin of a wolf. He walked to the throne, and knelt.
"My King, I have returned."
"Speak, scout. Have you found any of the fabled realms?"
"No my King. I rode my horse, stopping only to rest at night. I rode for two moons and I was back at the castle doors. There is nothing but your kingdom".
The King turned to the wizard, smiling : - "I told you wizard. There are no other realms. I am Lord of All There Is!"
"Aak'r, King, I told you before, the other realms can be reached trough my magic only."
"What good is it to have another kingdom I cannot go to?"
"Ready your army, Aak'r. Meet me tomorrow in the stables, I will prepare a... spell"
The wizard got up and left the hall trough a side door. He went outside, into the courtyard,and entered on of the wooden stables. It was filled with vials and strange mechanisms, and the wizard started working on a metal box next to a sort of arched door in the middle of the room, connected to a strange steam engine. The next day, as the sun dawned, the King, followed by a hundred men, armed with swords and axes, knocked on the doors.
The wizard let them in, and asked one of the men to light the fire in the engine, and after it started working, pulled a small lever in the metal box. The King and his men took a step back when instead of the wall, inside the arched door a huge city appeared. It was like nothing the had ever seen, with houses so big they touched the sky, and thousands of people walking around.
"I present you, king Aak'r, your newest kingdom. Follow me into the portal." - The wizard stepped into the portal and appeared on the other side. The king volunteered one of his men, and after seeing that he went to the other side and returned unharmed, he himself went inside.
When the entire army had passed, Aak'r called upon his men who were busy touching the buildings and the street, trying to decide if it was real or a illusion. When they were convinced it wasn't a dream, they stood in formation, occupying the street from side to side, weapons in hand. The wizard spoke, turning to the king :
"Aak'r, this is but the first of the worlds I shall give to you. Together we shall rule the System and all of it's lands!"
The men cheered and the king smiled. He turned to them, sword raised high, the fire of battle shinning on his eyes and said :
"Come men! Let us conquer this new land! In honor of my queen, I shall name it Ebony!"
The army cheered even harder, and the king waited for the sound to die before turning around, and screaming :
"Pillage the houses, Kill the men and Rape the woman!"

1 comment:

  1. THIS EXPLAINS A LOT! I love how the queen's name is Ebony. This is very cool and though I am sad that Aak'r is in the system I trust that MASS or the detective of Allison Gore or SOMEONE will be able to stop him and his stinky hordes! Right? ...Right? @_@

    ReplyDelete