Friday 9 July 2010

entry 0 - what is the Secret System?

My name is... Unimportant. I had a name ,once. And a family, and a house and all that thing that turns you into a person. Now all I have is this notepad and the adventures I live. The Secret System.. What is the secret system? Well, first of all, if you never heard of it, that's normal, it's secret. It exists at the same time and place that the rest of mankind. Yes you read it right, if you even exist. I write this for you, that elusive and strange being I feel looking over my shoulder. I can hear you breathing next to my ear when I'm running along in silence. And that one time, with the DreamFolk, I know I heard you scream!
But I digress. The Secret System exists in a fixed time slot, that runs along with our time slot, Mankind's time slot: I've been to the end of that time slot. I wish it was farther away... But there's no use in complaining. Not all will be lost at the end, I've been there, I've seen the end. Just because we all die, evolution won't stop, and there is something of us that survives... I digress again. Living in the System does this to you. You seem to lose focus...
I try once again : the Secret System is much like the internet, and not that much unlike our medieval world. It has not one, but several physical/temporal locations, connected trough travel portals, the 'HyperLinks'. Each such location is a reign, country, nation, what you call it. Some are as old has civilization, some are older, some are but a few days old. Some are small, I remember the room-city where the.. No, I will not tell of what happens there. I got out as soon as I could, should have had sooner. Some are big, huge, gigantic, with no end to see. You were there with me, you remember the Sea of Infinity and the Mountains of Forever and the Forest of Never-ending and the Immeasurable Desert. Some exist on the early Egyptian Civilization, some near the end of the World Coalition. For some reason, the greatest number of them co-exist with the 'regular' 21st century.
I've begun recently collecting and compiling memories of the inhabitants of the Secret System, and I shall write them down in this little, old, bartered notebook.
Now I go to sleep, in this 'my' little cabin in the woods. This the first I saw of the Secret Systems, and my first adventure here. But that is another story, for another entry...

1 comment:

  1. I wish you the best of luck and I hope to learn more about the System. It sounds like it's full of nooks and crannies to explore and things to learn. Do hold tight to your notebook, friend. The System sounds like a big place.

    ReplyDelete